Kodi is an open-source software, available for free, created for entertainment purposes. It is the go-to tool for most people to watch films, football, TV shows, etc. Even though it was initially developed for Xbox, it was known as Xbox Media Center, and it is now available for Android, Linux, Mac, Windows, etc.
Since Kodi does not have the feature to update automatically, users have to check and install updates manually. If you want to upgrade your Kodi to a newer version, then you have to download and install it. In this blog, we will talk about the process for installing Kodi updates on Mac.
Steps to Upgrade Kodi Using the Kodi Installer – for macOS
Updating the Kodi app through the installer is a quick way to get your hands on the latest version of Kodi. Here’s how you can do it:
- Begin with allowing third-party applications to download and install software on your macOS. (WARNING: Make sure that you are downloading the installer from a trusted source, like the official Kodi website. Disabling the security feature puts your device at risk from potentially malicious threats)
- Click on the Apple icon to open the Menu.
- Choose System Preferences and click on Security & Privacy.
- Click on App Store and Identified Developers. Check out the options and select Anywhere to be able to install apps from any source. If such an option is not available, click on the icon of the lock and enter your admin login credentials.
- Open your preferred web browser and enter https://kodi.tv/download or copy and paste the link into the address bar.
- Scroll below and click on the macOS button denoted by a large gray apple logo to be redirected to the list of downloadable files for Kodi.
- Depending on your system requirements, choose between 32-bit and 64-bit versions. Clicking on the button will automatically start the download.
- Navigate to the default downloads folder of your desktop.
- Drag on the Kodi icon, which is a blue diamond icon, present in the Applications folder.
- A confirmation message will pop up as a notification.
- Click on the “Replace” button so that the system knows that the previous version will be overwritten by the newer and latest version.
- If you are using Kodi for the first time, click on the “Open” button to launch the application. Otherwise, click on the Kodi icon to enjoy the latest app.
We hope that this elaborate guide helps you in obtaining the latest version of Kodi.