A dump file is like a zip file which holds the history of every detail that happened in the previous ten minutes before the dump file was created.
BlueScreenView is a program that works for you to find and analyze dump files, makes it very handy to see which programs were running directly before a crash. If you think another crash will happen, you can use this free program called BlueScreenView to analyze the dump files.
Follow the instructions given below to analyze the dump files using BlueScreenView:
- Go to the Start window and open it.
- Write View advanced system settings in the search bar of your computer.
- Then tap on the View advanced system settings option. It will show you a computer monitor with a checkmark icon located at the top of the Start window menu
- Tap on the advanced tab, present at the top of the window.
- Tap on the Settings option located near the bottom of the page.
- Tap on the Write debugging information option. You will see this box in the middle of the separate window tab. A drop-down menu will come after you click it.
- Now tap on the Small Memory Dump option located in the drop-down menu. Note: After you tap on this option, you will be able to read the future memory dumps with a simple file explorer like BlueScreenView.
- Tap on the OK button, present at the bottom of the window.
- After tapping OK, the window will close, and you will return to the Advanced System Settings window.
- Now you have to tap on the OK option again to save the changes and close the Advanced System Settings window.
- Now you need to open the BlueScreenView page.
- Scroll down to download the BlueScreenView.
- Then Tap on the download the BlueScreenView option.
- Now the BlueScreenView setup will be downloaded in your computer’s download file.
- Double-click the bluescreenview_setup file in the download folder.
- Then you need to install BlueScreenView.
- Launch the BlueScreenView, after you complete installing. Note: you will need to make sure the Run NirSoft BlueScreenView option is checked.
- Then you will need to tap on the Finish option. You will find it at the bottom of the window. Now the BlueScreenView will open.
- And finally, now you can see the dump files.