Microsoft Edge is the new web browser for windows 10. Whenever you load a welcome page called as “First Run webpage” it appears when you open the browser first time, and it shows every information about changes, tips, and actions you need to take for improving your experience with Microsoft Edge.
The page can be fairly informative for the user of Microsoft Edge. The main problem with the First Run page is that, after cleaning the installation of Windows 10, but it can also appear after installing new feature updates. Sometimes it might be annoying and irritating for the user, particularly if the user is a member of the Windows Insider Program and regularly installing a new version of Windows 10.
We try to provide you best information and the steps to stop Microsoft Edge from loading the First Run Welcome page when you loaded the Edge browser for the very first time after installing new feature updates on Windows 10. While completing the steps if you need any technical support then dial the toll-free number of Microsoft customer support or to get instant support visit Office.com/setup. We can stop the Edge Browser by two ways which are mentioning below-
- How to stop Microsoft Edge First Run Welcome page by using Group Policy
- How to stop Microsoft Edge First Run Welcome Page by using Registry
Steps to Stop Microsoft Edge First Run Welcome Page by Using Group Policy Method
For stopping the First Run page for Microsoft Edge, follow the steps in the ascending order:
- Click on the Windows key + R, for open the Run command option.
- Type the word “gpedit.msc” and click on the OK button, to open the Local Group Policy Editor option.
- Now, browsing the following pathway:
- Click on the Computer Configuration tab.
- Then, click on the Administrative Templates tab.
- Now, click on the Windows Components tab.
- Finally, click on the Microsoft Edge tab.
- Double-click on the right side of the screen, to stop the First Run webpage on Microsoft Edge policy.
- Then, choose and Select the Enabled option.
- Click on the Apply button.
- Finally, click on the OK button, to complete the process.
Step to Stop Microsoft Edge First Run Welcome Page by Using Registry Method
To stop the First Run page through the Registry, follow the steps in the same sequence:
- Click together Windows key + R on the keyboard, to open the Run command option.
- Carefully type the word regedit, and click on the OK, to open the Registry window option.
- Now, look through the following pathway:
Note: For Creators Update on the Windows 10, you need to copy and paste the trail in the new Registry’s address bar to speedily leap to the key destination.
- Right-click on the Microsoft folder key, and select New option
- Then, click on the Key option.
- Now, provide the name of the MicrosoftEdge key and click on the enter option.
- Again, right-click on the Microsoft Edge folder key option, choose the New option and click on the Key again.
- Now, type the name of the Main key and click on the enter button.
- Then, on the right side of the screen, right –click on the Main and select New and click on the DWORD (32-bit) Value option.
- Provide the name of the key to stopping FirstRunPage and click on the enter button.
- Now, Double-click on the newly created DWORD and put the value from 0 to 1.
- Finally, click on the OK button.
The above-mentioned process is very simplest and easiest form, but if you are troubling with any issue or found any error while following the process or if you need any technical support, then dial the toll-free number of Microsoft customer support. The technicians are qualified professionals and available 24*7. To get instant support visit www. office.com/myaccount.